If you are interested in helping make cards, email me and tell me how many you are making and when you can bring or send them to me. In Santa Clara County, we can pick them up, or you can drop them off at one of our drop sites. If you are interested in donating money for supplies, email me and I will contact you for your very generous contribution. We also need cardstock.
Next Kards are for Valentines. We need them by Jan. 14, 2014
Other Kards for no Season, just thank you to our soldiers. Many Soldiers will be home by May, so we need to make a concerted effort to reach them all in the next 4 months.
1. If you use 8.5 x 11″ cardstock cut in half, this will make 2 cards, just use a stiffer paper than typing paper. Cards should be no larger than 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4, ″ If you use construction paper, cut it to 8.5 ” x 11, then cut in half for 2 cards.
2. Decorate the front. Be creative, bright, and cheerful.
3. Do not make drawings of bombs, guns, explosions, or blood. Soldiers see enough of these. Make cheerful happy things.
4. Inside write an encouraging note. Use words like, protector, serving your country, honor, hero, hoping for your safe return, etc.
5. Sign the cards with your 1st name, and your age, unless you are an adult, then you can say; Mother, Friend, Father, Grandmother, etc.
6. Leave the back of the card 2 inches from the bottom blank, we will add a “Kards 4 Soldiers” sticker, that directs them to this website, and explains why we care. You can write your school or organization name on the top half.
7. No envelope, they will all be sent unaddressed, and passed out to soldiers.
8.NO GLITTER – on any cards
Thank you for your help in this new endeavor. Tell your friends, everyone everywhere can help. Just set a plan to make 1 card a day or 10 a week, or 33.